Vancouver Show May 14, 2015
Venue: Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver.
- The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
- Out Of Control / Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet)
- Vertigo / God Save The Queen (Sex Pistols) (snippet)
- I Will Follow
- Mofo (snippet) / Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until The End Of The World
- Even Better Than The Real Thing
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet)
- Sweetest Thing
- Every Breaking Wave
- Bullet The Blue Sky
- The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- The Troubles
- With Or Without You
- City Of Blinding Lights
- Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet) / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Invisible (snippet)
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA — Scaled down and personal, yet the most amazing thrilling evening created by scaling down their performance to create the intimacy that only U2 has been able to find with its audience. This band understand how to create a personal yet over the top rock show that has a lot of state-of-the art features that will surely make other bands stop and look.
The crowd about 20,000 might have even missed a slip from the stage as The Edge was walking towards the connector from the runway and missed and fell off. However he was quick to recover and images posted suggested he would be fine.
So what about the stage, its three different stages connected together with a runaway the length of the arena which made this a very fan friendly environment; a large main stage at one end with a catwalk that connected a smaller round stage the other end of the arena. Over head was the video wall, not the same size as the one in Dallas Stadium (ATT Stadium) this video wall is about the length of the catwalk.
The band was able to walk up into the video wall and become part of the video. This effectively created a fourth stage. The disco ball did make an appearance.
U2 fans waiting two or more days for GA entry came to find out no reason to wait in line before the official start of the line. Everyone had a great location. Some of the hardcore U2 fans reported in via twitter that this was a challenging process however once inside they seemed to be able to find the rail area that suited them best.
We will be out reporting again this evening and provide updates all day today as we clear videos and photos.
Some say the band is back. However, did they ever leave us? Check out the set list and videos we have posted. We have some great images too.
Rehearsal Show Played May 8th 2016 Venue: Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver. Main Set The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) Vertigo I Will Follow Iris (Hold Me Close) Cedarwood Road Song For Someone Sunday Bloody Sunday (acoustic) Raised by Wolves Until The End Of The World Second Set Invisible Even Better Than The Real Thing Mysterious Ways (acoustic) Sweetest Thing Every Breaking Wave Bullet The Blue Sky, The Hands That Built America (snippet) The Troubles With Or Without You Beautiful Day Where The Streets Have No Name I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Chris Watkins https://t.co/YTLbgKgbop
Next Concert Date
Venue: Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver. May 16, 2015