Editor Note: Re produced from atu2.com- See orginal story on atu2.com
@U2 Presents Sunday Night at the (3D) Movies with Neil McCormick
@U2 (www.atu2.com) is proud to present a special screening of U2 3D to wrap up The Hype & The Feedback. Our showing will begin at 8:00 pm on October 4th at the Wachovia IMAX Theatre in Raleigh, NC. After the movie, stick around for a special live chat with Neil McCormick and some great giveaways from the @U2 prize closet. It’s a perfect way to unwind after the conference with your fellow U2 fans and friends.
U2 3D is a stunning concert film with performances recorded during the band’s 2006 concerts in South America. If you haven’t seen it, don’t miss this chance — there’s nothing like seeing U2 3D on the big screen at an IMAX theatre. Movie tickets will cost $11.95 for adults ($10.95 for college students and senior citizens), and there’s no extra charge for the after-movie festivities.
After the film, @U2’s Matt McGee will chat with Neil McCormick about his long history with U2, going back to his days with the band as students at Dublin’s Mount Temple Comprehensive School. They’ll also take questions from the audience in a casual setting. Neil is the author of the popular book, Killing Bono: I Was Bono’s Doppelganger, which is currently being made into a film, and collaborated with the band to write their official biography, U2 By U2. Neil is currently a music writer and critic for the Daily Telegraph, and began his journalism career writing for Dublin’s Hot Press magazine.
The Wachovia IMAX Theatre is located at the Marbles Kids Museum, 201 E. Hargett Street in Raleigh.
@U2 Sunday Night at the Movies with Neil McCormick
Sunday, October 4, 2009
- 7:00 pm: Shuttle leaves Four Points Sheraton in Durham for the IMAX Theatre in Raleigh (scroll up to reserve a shuttle space)
- 8:00 pm: U2 3D begins! (scroll above to buy advance movie tickets online from the theater) After the film, a conversation with Neil McCormick plus some prize giveaways
- 10:30 or 11:00 pm: Movie event ends, everyone is invited to nearby Irish pub called Tir Na Nog; if hungry/thirsty, order what you want off their menu
- 11:30 pm: first shuttle leaves Tir Na Nog headed back to Four Points Sheraton
- 1:00 am: second & last shuttle leaves Tir Na Nog headed back to Four Points Sheraton