MONTREAL — After 160,000 people in Montreal made their way through the gates of the Hippodrome this weekend to watch U2 perform, Sunday was a day for the massive cleanup.
Crews showed up at the site of the two nights of massive concerts early Sunday morning to pick up debris and garbage left behind.
Most of The Claw, the infamous stage allowing Bono and bandmates to put on a 360-degree performance, is en route to Toronto, where the Irish rock stars take the stage Monday.
Vendors and sponsors were on hand to tear down their booths, while nearby businesses were recuperating from a busy night.
“It was completely full – every single seat, table, chair… There was a line up of people waiting to be seated and outside we made a take-out counter for smoked meat, just for take out—there was a big line all through the whole parking lot,” said Shafir Mohammed of Dunn’s restaurant.
The U2 360° tour ends on Moncton’s Magnetic Hill July 30.
Check out the set list
- Even Better Than The Real Thing
- The Fly
- Mysterious Ways / Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) (snippet)
- Until The End Of The World / Where Have All The Flowers Gone? (snippet)
- Out Of Control
- Get On Your Boots
- All I Want Is You
- Stuck In A Moment
- Beautiful Day / Space Oddity (snippet)
- New Year’s Day
- Miss Sarajevo
- City Of Blinding Lights
- Vertigo / Teenage Kicks (snippet)
- Miss You (snippet) / Crazy Tonight / Discothèque (snippet) / Please (snippet) / Life During Wartime (snippet) / Psycho Killer (snippet)
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Walk On
- Hallelujah (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
- Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
- With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
- Moment of Surrender