Bono sits down with the BBC for an interview and we get to peek over the shoulder.
Yea Rolling Stone and the rest of the world happened to be peering over too.
So what did we learn?
- Bono, States the album is not done until it is done. Hum that’s pretty insightful and a painful statement for U2 fans waiting for a bit of time for something fresh however that’s a uncommon statement among artist.
- Bono still focused on single release from Sunday. “We're at nearly two-and-a-half million downloads and there were one million downloads in one hour Sunday”
- Official Album Title yet however Bono did throw out the working title “Insecurity” remember it was stated a working title. Do not be dummies and buy the domain name.
- Expect Punk and Electronic Music on the New Album. We had reported earlier that the boys have been listening to some music from the 70’s and picking up some vibes from the Ramones and Kratwerk and surely you can hear the influences within “Invisible”
- Inner Bono struggling self and for a deeper experience, "There were really wild extraordinary people and then you feel deeply not extraordinary. You feel invisible and you're screaming to be seen and you have your band and this is your whole life. It's that feeling of getting out of town."
- Did we already say they are still working on the album? Yea finished in a couple of months, easy now back away from your keyboard.
- Bells and Danger Mouse could be a telling sign of what we can expect to hear.
- Tour? Sure, lets keep inside this time as was suggested before. Something little which could never really happen.
- Irrelevant, that dam word keeps coming back as if to say we must go now into the dark of night and call it dead. No, dam it we should continue forward and embrace the possibility of a new generation of U2 fans.
"We'll find out if we're irrelevant. I'm perfectly prepared for people to try and blow us off the stage. We're just not going to make it easy." Bono