New York: We a band from the north side of Dublin. U2 has blazed a trail thru the North America with career that spans musical uniqueness and places itself right smack in the middle of Rock's Hall of Frame. Bono has spoken before about The Ramones has a some inspiration for the band and with this new album pays tribute to Joey Ramone within one of the tracks.
U2 played the second show of a total of eight sold out shows at Madison Square Garden. New York is Ramones hometown and Bono lets fans know how he feels about coming to New York.
This is not the first time has played New York and most likely not the last. U2 has been on a North American tour that comes to a close shortly. Surprises along the way have kept fans on edge. Few weeks ago we called it "U2's Dreams Come True Tour" because of the amount of surprises happening back 2 back.
Clearly the band has no intention of letting the gas of the peddle. They forge on and take on MSG as if it was the first night on the tour. For the boys this is not about proving anything. Its about playing a very personal deeply intense set of music that they hope fans will understand and enjoy. No worries as Bono surveys the crowd he can see a younger audience singing the new songs and an older audience singing songs from yesterday. Its bridge they had hoped to cross.
Last nights show we had our photographer Mark Peterson capture the fans, the band and bring the music to life within some images. Fans continue to use our email@example.com address and send in their photos and videos.
North America will come to a close and U2 fans will continue to travel around the world to see their band perform and engage with fellow U2 fans. The social community of U2 fans has always been about connecting to others thru music.
Venue: New York Madison Square Garden July 19, 2015
- The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
- Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
- Vertigo / God Save The Queen (Sex Pistols) (snippet) / Transmission (snippet)
- I Will Follow / Summer In The City (snippet)
- Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until The End Of The World / Love And Peace Or Else (snippet)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing
- Mysterious Ways
- Stuck In A Moment
- Every Breaking Wave
- With Or Without You
- City Of Blinding Lights
- Bullet The Blue Sky
- The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Beautiful Day / Moment Of Surrender (snippet)
- Bad / Moment Of Surrender (snippet)
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / People Have The Power (snippet)