New York City: The North American tour will come to close in New York City on July 31st. The band held their normal sound checks with an addition of "October" which has not been played publicly since 1989. "October" has normally been positioned as lead in to "New Years Day" not last night.
"October" arrival in the second set proved once again that the boys have such a vast catalog of music that a few mix ups in the set list can and will happen. MSG has been a special place for musicians.
Selling out the place is a hard thing to do in New York no matter who you are due to the vast nightly event list. New Yorkers have all types of entertainment available nightly. Fans that have traveled to NYC to see the show have lots to do around the city during the day.
Tickets for the show have been sold out for some time. Fake tickets have been spotted around the venue. Fans get up set that ticket scalping goes on at all of the U2 shows.
However the band and Live Nation have put in controls to curb the scalping of tickets the amount of tickets available on the secondary market continues to grow.
One thing we noticed about this, fans are selling their own tickets back to secondary brokers. Those tickets then become available for sale. The fake tickets around the venue are not from secondary brokers rather from scammers with a printer and time.
Our photographers have been spotted around town taking photos of the fans. GA Line has a life all to its own. The hardcore U2 fan that will wait in rain or snow in line for that small little space upfront close to the band. U2 fans are the most dedicated fans around the world. Some traveling as far way as Iceland to see the show.
This is their time to connect with other U2 fans and share the experience. U2 fans also connect socially using twitter to follow the show and share their views of how the evening has been going, its a community that has been connected by music.
Seven more shows over the next few days and a couple of breaks in the middle and that's it North America will be in the can as the boys take off to Italy. A much deserved break in the middle.
Venue: New York Madison Square Garden July 18, 2015
- The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
- The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet) / On Broadway (snippet)
- Vertigo / God Save The Queen (Sex Pistols) (snippet)
- I Will Follow
- Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until The End Of The World / Love And Peace Or Else (snippet)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet)
- Ordinary Love
- Every Breaking Wave
- With Or Without You / In The Garden (snippet) / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
- City Of Blinding Lights
- Bullet The Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
- The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- One / Invisible (snippet)
** Snippets Provided by U2GIGS